Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World as a Girl would see

5 posters

Go down

The World as a Girl would see Empty The World as a Girl would see

Post by SyuArune Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:39 pm

My participation of the maple essay :3 I love writing as much as reading.

What is maple story?

Is it a story? Is it a series of events that starts at the beginning that eventually leads to an ending? No...it is but a game...a game where the impossible becomes possible. My first journey began on a small island..a peaceful place... wielding nothing but a small sword in my hand I set off on my journey. I gained my first level...ah the satisfaction. I met my first by passing friend, we journeyed together...we set sail to Victoria Island...we got our first jobs. We gained more levels...we did party quests...we took a visit to the free market...What is maple story?

It's where your story begins. It ends when you want it to.

We spent our days, training together, helping out fellow maplers or maybe some local villagers in need of our help. We journeyed far and wide, from El Nath's white snowy settlement to Urban New Leaf City. We took down legendary beings... the daily Mushmoms, the Rombot and even the great Zakum. We infiltrated the lair of the Male Boss and took him down together. We joined forces with others and entered Ludibrium's famous Crack in the wall and took down Papulatus and many more. Our adventures were countless...but we didn't only just battle our way through each passing day.

Another day...another level...but today was special. My sister's wedding was due this afternoon, I grabbed my best dress and left my Kage in my wardrobe and rushed to beautiful Amoria where everyone were gathered waiting for both bride and groom. My friend greeted me with a wave and a smile. He too had changed into a tux just for the event. The bride and groom soon arrived, everyone flooded into the Chapel where wedding Gifts were given, everything flew by..
"I do."
"I do."
Everyone exploded into cheers and whoops as they kissed.

Soon after the wedding, it was time for my friend's job advancement. I wished him good luck as he warped into the map. Waiting anxiously outside I began taking down some snails to pass time. 10 minutes...20 minutes....

Buddy Chat :
"Hey, Rune?"
"Yeah?? How'd it go?"
"I passed! Officially 3rd job!"

Life is good.

Throughout my days...I've met many people...
My best friend...Rin..whom I first met during my earliest days on maple story...we stuck together like Super Glue.
My maple sister whom I met in a training party. We bonded and grew up together.
My maple brother in law,Opizaro, whom I met during the wedding, although there were lots of teasing about how slow I moved up the levels, he still shared some tips on how to shoot up the ranks.
My other maple brother whom I met in a party to take down Papulatus. Though we met when we were roughly the same level, he shot up twice my level within the same week we met. Looks like theres another person I have to avoid to prevent being teased.
Then there was Aimon, my maple twin. We spent as much time as we could together,we looked almost exactly the same, the same job, same equips. What a shock it was when we ran into each other during a pirate raid in Mu Lung.

The drama in life...the excitement in it is greatly doubled in this world.
Me and Rin never always got along...once I refused his proposal to marriage...I just wasn't ready. We stopped talking...for a day...I got lonely...I was rather harsh with him...I should go talk to him...I should apologize. I whispered Rin's guild master.
"If Rin is online, tell him I said I'm sorry..."
A few seconds later, his guild master invited me into a Maple Messenger...Rin stood there,
Two words formed in my head...
"Oh Shit..."
the guild master said,"She said she's sorry," he snickered and exited the messenger...
It was worse yet most memorable time of my maple life.

During a party quest...our leader seemed to have left his body...figuratively of course. Seems like dinner time in the real world. Those few minutes made me crack up laughing, the whole party tried to shoot arrows at him,smash his head with an Axe.
Someone ran at him screaming,"MALI MALI HOMM!" with a Pico Hammer.
Finally after 10 minutes everyone were exhausted, they couldn't be bothered and even began playing Mogok.

"Ah...dinner was good..what did I miss?"
Everyone went balistic...

The first christmas I had was the best. Rin and I booked a room with not one, but two huge christmas trees wrapped in blue ribbons. First my maple sister came bursting into the room with more than enough baubles and decorations. My timid cousin peeked in,then threw herself at me. My maple brother in law arrived next with nothing but several Ores and Crystals. He hadn't bought anything from the shops,(It's a waste of money! Why bother?)
Several screen shots were taken, we tried to steal Opizaro's Ores and Crystals but the map prevented us from picking up anything he had dropped...

The best thing about maple story...it makes memories seem so meaningful.

Why should I play maple story?
It doesn't give me any profit...it doesn't do anything good?
How wrong...I've met a friend who means a lot to me...I've attended a wedding...I've had christmas there...I've met more than enough comrades in arms than I ever will in real life. I've had the best fun in my life. If that doesn't give you a reason to play maple story and start your own story...I don't know what will...

I've been playing maple story for two years...but I've only gotten at level 30 at the most. In despair I yelled,"I'll never get to 3rd job!"
Rin cracked up at me,"Tell ya what, we'll start a schedule?"
I looked at him confused,"What?"
He grabbed a pencil and a paper, and began to scribble, I bent over his scrap of paper.

Monday : Train your butt off.
Tuesday: Party Quests all day.(Ludibrium)
Wednesday: Earn some cash (Through Mu Lung Party Quest)
Thursday: Train more! (2x exp coupon, MY TREAT be grateful)
Friday: Party Quests again
Saturday: Off day, El Nath Exploring!
Sunday: Mu Lung again, earn some cash!

He grinned cheekily at me, I grabbed the heaviest dictionary I could and gave him a bonk on the head,"You idiot"
But hey...it got me from level 30 to 60 within one and a half week.

The only reason why maple story is important to me...is because of my friends...I've met so many people, made so many memories...though my friends came and go...and now non of them are left as I play private servers today..these memories are still fresh in my mind and the best I will ever make. I've met more new friends...and we've stuck together also..and we still are together... Maple Story is more than a game...more than a story to me.
What is it to you?

Dedicated to Rinder5(an old long lost friend)
And NiGHtsBeta09 (A current friend whom I've stuck with to this day)
SyuArune
SyuArune
Level 35%
Level 35%

Metal Points : 81
IGN : Rune

http://nyrietta.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The World as a Girl would see Empty Re: The World as a Girl would see

Post by hueys Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:09 pm

jesus, making a book?

hueys
Level 45%
Level 45%

Metal Points : 220
IGN : hueyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Swirl Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:19 pm

huey,dun be too hard on her.i tot she did a great job.
Swirl
Swirl
Level 100%
Level 100%

Metal Points : 1014
IGN : Swirl

Back to top Go down

Post by SyuArune Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:04 am

lol, at least I got the determination to try, xD unlike some people who are too lazy to start Razz *flees*
SyuArune
SyuArune
Level 35%
Level 35%

Metal Points : 81
IGN : Rune

http://nyrietta.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]iKean Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Nice Essay lol

[GM]iKean